Walking the same route every day can get boring……really boring after the 100th time walking past the same houses on the same roads so you need to shake it up, inject something different into your walking routine, make it new!
Here are some ideas on how to shake up your walking routine:
- If you walk on your treadmill start walking outside. Walk inside everyday? Take a break and walk outside one day a week.
- Walk in a different direction. Even if you walk the same route sometimes if you turn left when you walk out your door instead of right it will feel different
- Walk to a destination. Rather than walking your normal route walk to the grocery store, your local coffee shop or the library
- Walk, run, walk run……rather than walking your whole route start running every 10 or 15 minutes for 1 minute, then 2 minutes, etc.
- Take your dog with you. Don’t have a dog? Offer to walk a friend’s or a neighbors.