Everyone seems to be wearing a Fitbit these days. You see them on wrists, clipped on straps and hooked into shoelaces. And why not? In a day and age when most of us spend more time sitting at desks than walking, running or playing we need to keep track of how much we move because that will also tell us how much we don’t move.
Since my philosophy is exercise should be fun I started to think how can we use our Fitbit to put more fun into our exercise. So here are:
4 Fun Things To Do With Your Fitbit
- Issue a Challenge: Challenge your spouse, partner, friend, sister, brother, co-worker, son, daughter, anyone who is game to accept the challenge and see who exercises more in a day, week or month.
- Who Moves More: I am a tennis player who generally plays doubles. My tennis partner and I constantly debate who moves more. It feels like I am running all over the place but am I really? And it does not have to be tennis, who walks more on the golf course? Who moves more when you are playing picklebal, racquetball, in your jazzercise class. Go ahead see who moves more no matter what your sport.
- Wear your Dog Out: I have an 80 pound, very active dog. I track how many miles we walk in a day because I know that it is not only how many miles I walk but how many miles she walks that is going to make my day easier.
- Your Chores Count: Most of us consider our chores to be, well chores, meaning they are not fun. Count your chores as exercise and they will be, okay maybe not fun, but at least they will count as exercise. Walking around grocery stores, cleaning your house, cooking dinner. It all counts.
Here is what your Fitbit does:
- Tracks steps, distance, calories burned and active minutes
- Monitor how long and well you sleep
- Wakes you (and not your partner) with a silent wake alarm
- LED lights show how your day is stacking up against your goal
Fitbit Product Description
Never stop moving with Fitbit Flex. Wear this slim, stylish device all the time and get the motivation you need to get out and be more active. It tracks steps, distance, and calories burned and shows you how you’re stacking up against your daily goals. At night, it tracks your sleep cycle, helps you learn how to sleep better, and wakes you silently in the morning. Access your stats anytime on your computer, tablet or from leading smartphones – both iPhone and Android. Flex is your perfect companion, it’s with you everywhere…even in the shower. Plus, it looks good no matter what you’re wearing.